Standard UT Blocks
Individual or sets of ultrasonic and eddy current calibration blocks to suit all site and laboratory inspection requirements.
We manufacture all regular calibration blocks to international standards and any custom designed specialist pieces all to tolerances of +/- 0.1mm.
Our capabilities include NDE, mechanical inspection, 3D CAD, electrical discharge machining (EDM), specialist welding, cladding overlay, machining, bending/rolling and heat treatment.
Our blocks are recommended for:
- Calibration of timebase and gain settings
- Calibration of angles for shear wave inspection
- Constructing DAC/TCG curves
- Calibration for specifically designed wedges e.g. boiler tube probes
- Calibration inspection to codes e.g. ASME V
- Evaluation of dominant frequency, pulse length and dead zone
We have a choice of four materials for our blocks:
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Custom alloy
Our blocks are suitable for the following methods:
- Ultrasonic testing
- Eddy current testing
We manufacture the following reflector types:
- Side drilled holes
- Flat bottom holes
For a quotation, please supply specification, detailed drawings, code requirements and material type/grade.
An example of a custom clad block:
What our customer said:
“Always reliable and exceptional level of services when needed most.”
Oceaneering Integrity Management and Digital Solutions