Who we are
We are the longest established manufacturer of flawed specimens in the Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and Evaluation (NDE) industry, being internationally accepted as the standard for NDT training and qualification.
Founded in 1980 and acquired by the Institution on Mechanical Engineers in 2013, we have manufactured thousands of flawed specimens for many of the major performance demonstration, training and qualification centres around the world.
With offices in Lancaster, UK and Charlotte, USA, we pride ourselves in pioneering many ‘industry standard’ flaw manufacture and implanting techniques.
High quality flaws are achieved by a combination of our first-class workmanship, a unique blend of specialised welding and NDT skills, plus a full understanding of the product.
What you can expect
We pride ourselves on providing the most accurate flawed specimens on the market. Whatever the challenge, our team will work with you to find a solution to meet your project requirements. When using our services, you can expect:
- The most accurate flawed specimens on the market
- Unique specimens containing purposely induced flaws that are accurately sized and located
- All specimens go through a full range of quality control processes to ensure our flaw are of the highest quality
- Documentation detailing flaw types, sizes and location supplied with each specimen.
- Excellent customer service from initial contact